Reason For Writer's Block
1. Lack of Inspiration
2. Distracted by other tasks that need doing first
3. Poor planning
5. Physical Illness
6. Sense of failure both personally and professionally
7. Intimidated by a previous success
10. Lack of energy
Cures For Writer's Block
1. Outline your story fully
it's amazing how many people don't outline I for one never outline unless I'm writing a script but it can be a valuable resource to come back to later in times of writer's block.
2. Remind yourself that the first draft doesn't need to be a work of art it is just a blueprint for the many that follow.
3. Switch off the phone put on some music to chill out to and relax your breathing take long deep breathes and close your eyes.
4. Stretch as many muscle groups as possible as a way to relieve your body of stress, sounds stupid but is recommended by a very reputable writer and psychologist.
5. Force yourself to write down your thoughts no matter how poorly worded, this is helpful to distinguish between a creative block and a block for another reason such as depression or self doubt.
6. Talk over your project with someone whose opinion you respect not a family member or someone who can't give you creative feedback someone who will tell you straight. This is often said to be the worse thing you can do but I have found this helpful in the past.
7. Break the writing into smaller steps
If it's a novel don't think of writing the whole 90,000+ words think of the first 500 it's a less scary proposition and we all know we got 500 words in us.
8. If it's boredom you are suffering from take time to do something else you enjoy and always remember to break your writing time down into manageable chunks of time to stop boredom creeping in.
9. Lack of energy is usually down to lack of sleep take a break relax and come back to your writing later when you feel refreshed as there is nothing worse than sitting staring at a blank screen and you can barely keep your eyes open.
10. Sometimes if you're working on an assignment and the subject is just not talking to you maybe what you need to do is look at it from a different angle and find something in the genre or subject matter that you can relate to and if the assignment allows go with that.
Anyhoo I'm back writing again so I guess this post has helped me and I hope something in here will help you guys.
The Housebound Writer