Thursday 21 April 2011

Me an award? You're joking right???



I was given this award by Johnny Madrid aka Tim E. who writes an awe inspiring blog that you can find by following this link: Just Johnny...    http://thetimebi.blogspot.com/  and I can't thank him enough for it. I don't exactly win a lot of awards for anything let alone this oddball collection of ramblings and scribbles I call a blog so I am very thankful indeed. Now there are some rules to receiving this award you give a thanks and a link back to the person who gave it too you (which goes without saying) you also have to share 7 things about yourself (I'll get to that in a bit), award 5-15 other bloggers yourself and of course contact them and tell them of their award.

I didn't have to give to much thought to who I would in turn give this award too so here are the people receiving this award from me in no particular order...

Linda Martin              http://www.needleinanewgroove.com/
Aheila the Writeaholic  http://thewriteaholicblog.wordpress.com/
Jeremy Janson  http://hailingfromgeorgia.blogspot.com/
Ursa Hawthorne   http://www.dyerintherough.com/
Sam Bowron        http://anightmareonsamityvillestreet.blogspot.com/

OK so 7 random facts about me this will be hard to think of stuff I haven't already written on one of these 70+ blog posts so far but here goes nothing...

1. I have lived in the UK all my life (best part of 30 years) and I have only visited London once and it was for a football game this year strangely it was a Scotland game why it wasn't played in Scotland I have no idea.
2. Ironically as a guy who stands anywhere between 6'6" and 6'8" depending on how bad my back is hurting me I have a problem with heights I don't like them be it on a ladder or high building I don't like it at all haha.
3. I am a diehard Airdrie United Football fan but have been to so few games over the last five seasons I feel like a fraud for saying so.
4. As a writer I find writing about dark subject matter much easier than anything else so either I'm nuts or I just have a good imagination........ I think I may be nuts haha.
5. For my work experience placement at high school I spent a week working at my local newspaper learning everything from reporting to printing and loved every minute of it.
6. In the last 6 months I was assigned to write a web series but after seeing the poorly executed 8 minute pilot episode I had my writing credit changed from Andrew Carson to Randal Fleming Jr. to try and distance myself from it but saying that if a second series goes into pre pro Randal will be happy to return to writing duties for a rewarding fee.
7. I am planning to either make it or break from it this year when it comes to my writing. If I don't sell something before the end of the year I will find some other kind of profession and just write as a hobby. No pressure then on me to succeed huh? haha.

Thanking you
The Housebound Writer

7 comments:

  1. Aw, so sweet of you! Thanks!

    oh, I owe you an email.... :-)

    best,
    Ursa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ursa, you deserve this award for your outstanding blog and your ability to switch between genres and writing styles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. *blushes*

    You'll be pleased to know that I've now blogged to pay forward the love :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! You deserve it my friend! I see you've already spread the love. Nice one mate :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so honored, Andrew. I'm not going to start on it now:Today I spent 14 hours now just to get on the Internet. I got support, and for the most part, I reversed everything he did, and this is my first communication! I will pay it forward. And I have to say that you are as handsome as I suspected! Finally, more than just eyes. fyi, under website for Facebook, put your blog site. It's easier for Networked Blogs to stay connected. Now you've never seen a line on Facebook asking for your blog address, and yet Networked Blogs works through Facebook! So relax, you are not doing anything immoral or corrupt! I must come by more often; I'm hoping this machine keeps working. By tomorrow, I may have the same problems as I did today at noon. I have an Inspiron minitower, and so far, the hard disk was replaced, and now, who knows? I will be in touch ASAP, and if I've embarrassed you, delete this. Sweet tides, Andrew, and take care.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to read this over again. I'm squeezing in as much time as possible online--My blogs are a mess! The yellow flowers definitely helps the appearance, but I'm not sure what link, etc. to place on it. Let me know when you can.. ..Sweet tides, Andrew

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like your post, nice post

    ReplyDelete